There are a lot of features on Spotify that are worth checking out. In addition to other exciting features, Spotify also provides a sharing feature. This feature allows users to follow their relatives and friends and share their favorite music. So, in this guide, I will explain in detail how to add friends to Spotify. So let’s begin.
There is no doubt that Spotify is the world’s most comprehensive streaming platform with millions of top artists of today. Spotify users can access their accounts through any medium, such as desktop, mobile, or iOS. Therefore, I will cover each device separately in this tutorial. Read the full article to learn more about adding friends to Spotify.
How To Add Friends on Spotify?
The process of adding friends to Spotify is simple. It takes only a few clicks for you to follow anyone. However, if you are new to Spotify, you may face some challenges. Just follow these steps and if you need help, let us know in the comment section.
You must know a friend’s Spotify username before adding them. You need to know the username of your friends to add them. You can easily access your username by following these steps.
How To Find a Spotify Username?
Spotify usernames can be found in several ways, but here’s the most straightforward method.
- Launch Spotify on an Android device or any other device you are using.
- Next, select Settings from the top-right corner.
- On this page, you will see an Account option. Click on it.
- At the top of your Spotify page, you will see your Spotify Username.
Share these instructions with your friends and family so they can find their usernames. To add friends on Spotify, follow the steps listed below after knowing your friend’s username.
Add Friends on the Spotify Android App
These steps will show you how you can add different people as a friend on Spotify using an Android device.
- Open the Spotify app on your Android device and log in to your account.
- Click the Search option at the bottom of the screen after logging in.
- Enter the username of your friend in the search bar.
- Open the profile and click on Follow to complete the process.
Add Friends on Spotify Desktop App
Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to add friends on Spotify using your desktop.
- Log in to your Spotify account on your desktop by opening the Spotify app.
- In the search bar, type the username of your friend.
- Once you have opened the profile, click Follow to follow it.
This article briefly tells you everything about how to add friends on Spotify. Follow these steps, and you’re good to go. Feel free to comment below if you encounter any problems. You can also block someone on Spotify if anybody is annoying you.